DescriptionCook Children’s Northeast Hospital
6316 Precinct Line Road
Hurst, TX 76054
Looking for a great place to work?
Cook Children’s Northeast Hospital is a pediatric hospital located in Hurst, TX. Our hospital has an urgent care center, emergency department, surgical department, in-patient unit, and a full-service radiology department.
We have employment opportunities in the following area for Patient Access Specialist:
7:00am - 12:00pm
PRN- Urgent Care
JOB SUMMARYThis position is primarily responsible for the registration information for the patient visit, obtaining patient demographic and third party information with a high degree of accuracy. This position also requires timely completion, preparation, and deployment of legal, ethical and compliance related documents that must be presented and thoroughly explained to the patient at the time of registration. The incumbent is responsible for maintaining knowledge of TJC Patient Rights and Responsibilities, HMOs, PPOs, Commercial Payors, and departmental/System policies and procedures. This position does not provide patient care, but may be performed in a patient care area.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Must be detail oriented, personable, calm, flexible, honest, and capable of handling difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
- Meditech experience Required
- Knowledge of health care insurance and managed care required
- Strong interpersonal communication, documentation, and customer service skills required
- Ability to type, spell, write or print legibly with general knowledge of personal computers required
- 1-2 years of Hospital admissions or equivalent experience required
- Other hospital or physician office or equivalent experience required
- Medical terminology competency required
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications