DescriptionCook Children’s Northeast Hospital
6316 Precinct Line Road
Hurst, TX 76054
Looking for a great place to work?
Cook Children’s Northeast Hospital is a pediatric hospital located in Hurst, TX. Our hospital has an urgent care center, emergency department, surgical department, in-patient unit, and a full-service radiology department.
We have employment opportunities in the following area for: Informatics Specialist
The Informatics Specialist is responsible for the overall Systems Development Life Cycle maintenance, including responsibility for participating in planning, development, training, implementation, evaluation of use, and maintenance of clinical information systems. Acts as the internal expert in terms of what the HIS/clinical system is and is not capable of, and is responsible for assisting in overall implementation and long term maintenance activities.
Collaborate closely with and communicate between - IT and the hospital’s clinical staff to be up-to-speed on product features and functionality in aligning daily workflows and strategic objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program
- 5+ years clinical informatics experience preferred. Relevant experience includes: design & development of electronic medical records, and/or working on build of clinical informatics application content in a managed care organization, hospital/health system, physician practice or other managed care environment.
- Required knowledge of:
Project management skills
- Needs to have a solid understanding of appropriate clinical workflows, commercially available technology, and relational database concepts.
- Must be able to demonstrate well developed and proven organizational, problem solving, analytical, strong customer service orientation, and oral and written communication skills.
- Prior experience implementing MediTech information systems is required.
- Effective written, oral, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Intermediate to Expert experience with MS Windows, Power Point, Word, Excel, and MS Project.
- The ability to travel less than 10% of the time.
Competitive wages and benefits.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications